Sunday, January 10, 2010

Our Crazy Life

Things are so nuts around here - if we don't laugh... we'll cry. The sheetrock is up, and we are on coat 2 of joint compound. This is progress. BUT, as I arrived home from work each day last week to the MESS, it didn't always feel like progress. The days went like this - Todd tried to keep Nicholas from stepping in or putting his hand into the wet joint compound all day, then Nicholas would go to my parents' or his parents' house while Todd went to work. I would come home, vacuum and mop the floors and try to find the kitchen from underneath the 1/2 inch layer of sheetrock dust. Every night, as I was cleaning, I would sing that Daughtry song to myself... "Be careful what you wish for... 'cause you just might get it all - and then some you don't want." (I'm thinking Chris Daughtry must have put an addition onto his house at some point.) Anyway, then I'd go get the boy, eat dinner, give him a bath, put him to bed and crash. Then... we'd do it all over again the next day! This project needs to end- soon. Oh, and Todd and I need to give MAJOR props to our parents. I don't know how we would be getting through this without their help. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

But let's not dwell on the negative here - lots of things are getting done. We got garage doors, which look great. (Of couse, we can't use them, though, because there's no elecricity in the addition yet.) The central vacuuming system is in and usable - and AWESOME! I am loving that. And, the subfloors are in and ready for tile. This week should be a productive one - walls should be done, we should get heat (yipee!), and walls should get primed. Then, we should be close to done. Say a little prayer that everything goes as planned. I know these pictures aren't the best, but they're all I had - I will take some more this week.

Nicholas is doing great - making us laugh and keeping us VERY busy! We have become the "No!" house, unfortunately. There is so much that he can't touch around here right now. It's been tough. He is busy busy busy. He is saying daddy, kitty, Tigua, cookie, binky, and some version of thank you. And, I am sorry to report - I think he's starting to say no. Ugh. And yes... you read the list right - Mommy is not on it. Grrr.....

Anyway, like I said last time, it's really hard to get a picture of him lately, so here is a funny video from a couple weeks ago. This is Nicholas running around the living room in his jammies with a bucket on his head, screaming at the top of his lungs. We are so proud...

1 comment:

Jill said...

Wow the new room looks like a real room Keep up your courage I know what a mess you have had but it will be worth it in the end. I loved the video of pail on head ! He has the DAAA down pat what a hoot.