Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas With The Cutlers


Well... I cannot believe that the holidays are over. I have been terrible about posting pictures lately, but I do have an excuse. Nicholas will not stand still long enough for me to get a decent picture! I had nothing on my camera, so I borrowed my dad's today. He apparently has much better luck.

Considering all of the moving around and change in routine over the holidays, I'd say he handled it very well. He even sat on Santa's lap - only for a second or two, but at least he didn't cry! He couldn't take his eyes off of him. He wasn't sure what to think. It was hilarious!

The holidays were crazy, but really great. We certainly made the rounds, and saw pretty much everyone we know and love, which was so nice. Nicholas was absolutely showered with gifts. He is loving all of his new toys, and I'm pretty sure I can put him in a new outfit every day until June! What a lucky kid.

It's been so nice having time with him this week - it makes me not want to go back next week! He is so busy, and into everything! He's also starting to talk a lot lately. He has lots of words now, and understands almost everything we say. He's growing up way too fast.

The house has been a bit of a frustration lately. Things are moving pretty slowly right now, and we are getting really anxious. We are DONE with the mess and the plastic hanging all over the house. Hopefully we are looking at only a few more weeks. We're keeping our fingers crossed. We did get sheetrock this week, but they're not coming back to tape it until next week. And what a MESS!!! I can only imagine what it will be like in here after they sand it. Ugh... I'm just trying to keep my eyes on the finish line here, but it's not easy.

Thank you to everyone for all of your well wishes and holiday gifts. We are so lucky to have such wonderful friends and family. Happy 2010!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Very cute pictures. Is Santa Alan? Glad to hear the house is getting done I know how hard it must be with all of the mess , working and having a little one but just think of the end product. Glad all had a good Christmas if you think this was fun wait until next year when he is older. I am sure you have enjoyed having more time with him over vacation.