Monday, August 31, 2009

Game On!


Sorry it's been a few weeks since my last post, but, as you can imagine, we've been pretty busy. I started back to work last week, which was a big change. I think I handled it pretty well - only a few tears. I can have no regrets, though. I was so lucky to have ten wonderful months at home with my little monkey.




Daycare has been great so far. Nicholas has gone right to Debbie with outstretched arms in the morning. What a relief. He is having a great time playing with the other kids, too. It's going to be great for him to socialize a little. He's definitely ready.


Today was the first day of "Daddy Daycare." Todd and Nicholas had a great day watching the digger tear up the backyard! He also took his first trip in his big boy carseat in Daddy's truck. (Just don't tell the police - we're a month and a half early on the forward facing seat!) Doesn't he look so proud of himself? What a big guy!


So, to my surprise, the trucks arrived this morning and began digging. Apparently Todd knew, but thought it would be fun to keep it a secret and surprise me. He emailed me a picture at work. I was surprised alright!

They finished digging the hole for the new living room, and should be back tomorrow for the footings. The plan is to dig for the garage/master bedroom on Thursday. We are so excited to finally be moving on this! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

1 comment:

Jill said...

He sure looks proud of his new seat and so grown up! I am glad you are getting started on the new rooms can;t wait to watch the progress. Enjoy your time back at work.