Monday, June 8, 2009

My Busy Weekend



This weekend was a very special one for Nicholas because it was his first DeBisschop Family Picnic! This is something the family does every summer. It has become a very special tradition, and is always so much fun. This year's theme was "decades," and we were asked to dress for any decade, 50's through the 80's. Well... after much thought, we decided to dress as characters from The Dukes of Hazzard. Well, we didn't actually dress as them, but made t-shirts with the characters' pictures on them with our names on the back. I was Daisy (and no... there were no short shorts involved...please), Todd went as Cooter the mechanic (go figure), and Nicholas was Boss Hog - complete with oversized white cowboy hat (which he refused to wear) and stuffed turkey leg. It was pretty funny.

The costumes were great all around. My mom and dad went as Sonny and Cher - but guess who was Cher? I'd post a picture, but... I wouldn't want to ruin anyone's chances of a future career in politics. Let's just say, we had a lot of laughs!


The most exciting part, though, was that my cousins Sue and Doug were in the hospital getting ready to have their little one the day of the picnic! Jacob James DeBisschop was born Sunday morning, just after midnight. We can't wait to see him at next year's picnic!


Needless to say, we were very busy all day with all the action. Nicholas and Jenna spent lots of time rolling around together, and even napped together at one point. They're going to have to build up their stamina if they're going to make it in this family!


Next year, the picnic is at our house, so we're already planning our theme! It's hard to believe the little ones will be running around the backyard next summer. I'm just trying to soak up every minute I have with Nicholas. He's changing and growing so fast, I feel like if I blink, I might miss something! Todd and I feel like the luckiest people in the world to have Nicholas. He has changed everything - and we wouldn't want it any other way!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Very good pictures I heard you had fun I hope you liked your Dad's gown your Mother and I had fun shopping at GOod Will for him!