Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Lots of Changes


It's hard to believe that we're looking at Nicholas's 8 month birthday this week. But, then again, when I look at him, I can't believe how much he has grown and changed, even in just the past few weeks! I swear his legs get a little longer every day, and he is starting to figure a lot of things out. He is into absolutely everything, and is on the go pretty much all of the time. Even changing his diaper has become a challenge because he won't stay still! The teacher in me is holding my breath...


The latest on the tooth front is that there is no latest. We just cannot believe that there are no teeth poking through those little gums yet. He continues to drool like a faucet, and at times, is very uncomfortable, but nothing yet! He has, however, been experimenting with talking lately. All of a sudden, there are all these new sounds coming out. We're pretty sure he says hi, usually to the dog, or when he's trying to get your attention. And, lately, he's been saying, "Da da da da," over and over and over. It figures... I'm, of course, following it up with, "Ma ma ma ma," but all I get is a blank stare. I'm not giving up, though!

Another new experience this week was with food. Although we got the OK for meats a while ago, the thought of feeding him meat from a jar just totally grossed me out. So, last night I made him some homemade chicken noodle soup and ground it up in the food processor. He seemed to really like it! Of course, you can only get chicken so mushy. There were still some solid pieces in there, and he wasn't sure what to do with them at first, but overall, I'd say his first experience with meats was a success!




Hope you enjoy some of our latest pics - check out the orange Crocs!! Tee hee!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Goodness he really has changed in the past few weeks since I saw him. THey say the longer it takes the teeth to come in the better they will be so don't worry about those teeth. I love the new shoes and also see him sitting up by himself.

Sue said...

Hi Nicholas,

I just wanted to say hello and can't wait to meet you. I am really curious about this Dukes of Hazard thing and hope family picnic. Wow, I have a lot to learn! I am hoping you will show me the ropes at the next family function - that is if I can stay awake! Well, I am off for another nap now... Babble with you soon!

Love,
Jacob