Thursday, October 20, 2011

Three's A Charm


It's hard to believe that three years ago tonight, Todd and I were sitting in the NICU asking for a nurse's permission to hold our tiny little boy. And now, he is this adorable, healthy, TALL, intelligent, hilarious, stubborn, lovable little three-year-old. It's hard to even remember what life was like before he got here.

On Sunday, we had Nicholas's first little kids' party. It was so much fun watching him play with all of his friends. He was more than a little excited, and then there was the sugar... I'm pretty sure if there was a contest for how much candy a person could cram into their mouth at once, my kid would win the blue ribbon. Whoa.

Round two came Tuesday. I took the day off from work to spend with him on his birthday, and the three of us had the best day. Nicholas's big gift was a bouncy house. Yup, Todd and I are officially the best parents ever. He was so excited. As he was jumping, he said, "I wanna do this every day!!" It was great. We asked him if he wanted to go out to lunch, and he said, "I want to go to Friendly's." I know, just like the commercial.

That night, we had the family over for dinner and cake. It was such a great night. He was surrounded by people who love him, and what's a better gift than that? This is a very lucky kid. Happy 3rd Birthday, Monkey! We love you more and more every single day.

2 comments:

Jill said...

How sweet he is and how lucky he is to have such great parents and Grandparents. HAppy BIrthday !

Michele said...

Glad he loves the bounce house!