Sunday, October 2, 2011

Run Nicholas Run!


We spent the morning downtown at the Apple Harvest Road Race. Todd and I ran the 5 mile race, which I have to say, could've been less hilly... Anyway, the best part of the morning was the Little Fritter Run! Nicholas ran the length of the town green in front of a cheering crowd. He ran his little heart out, and then proceeded to wipe out right before the finish line. But did my little dude sit in the road and cry? NO WAY!! He got his little buns up and finished the race - without a tear shed. What a trooper.

We went with my cousins Mike and Debbie and their daughter Jenna who is the same age as Nicholas. I had this vision of them running hand-in-hand down the street together, but no dice. There were so many kids, they split the race by boy/girl. Major bummer.

So...not the perfect Kodak moment I was picturing, but still a great time. The kids got really cool medals and tee shirts, and even got their own bibs - they were all number 1 - so darned cute. We finished off the morning with a bag of apple fritters, yummy! Another great fall day spent with people we love. It just doesn't get any better than that!

No comments: