Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Way Life Should Be

That's Maine's motto, you know. And... I couldn't agree more. There's just something about a beautiful summer day in Maine that makes me feel like everything is right with the world. I swear, I must have caught myself taking deep breaths and closing my eyes about 100 times last week- trying to store up the sights and smells for a cold day in January.

Something tells me that Nicholas will love Maine as much as we do as he grows up. He has such a good time when he's there. He must have walked up to my dad's garden 50 times looking for tomatoes to eat. (My boy's a veggie junkie!) And then there's the water... Nicholas LOVES the water! He was in and out of the water all week - and no fear. Which, I guess is a good thing and a bad thing. We're going for a healthy respect for water, and I guess I'd say we're there - a couple good facefulls of lake water will do that to ya!

We really stayed busy during this trip. We went to a fair, where all Nicholas wanted to do was watch the horses running on the track at the fair grounds. We also went to a farmer's market, and Papa bouht him an apple - which is one of his favorite words to say right now. Andso is "poop" for some reason- who knows what the heck that's all about...

If Nicholas was writing this, and you asked him to write about the highlight of the trip - he'd DEFINITELY say the boat. Or, as he says, "the boop." Don't tell the Falmouth police (or whoever the heck is in charge of such things), but Papa actually let Nicholas drive the boat. It was hilarious - and a little rough at times. He always wanted to go fast, so he'd push the lever to the limit - and the rest of us would practically go flying out of our seats! I swear, he'll be pulling that thing into the dock with no problem by the time he's 5.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Love all of this but especially the driving the boat picture.