Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"Fishies!!"


Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

Thank you so much for coming with me to the aquarium today. I had so much fun! When you said we were going to see fishies, I thought, "Big deal, I have a fish tank right in my own living room at home." I had no idea I would see so many cool things!

Sometimes the big animals, like the beluga whale and the sea lions, were a little scary, but I still wanted to stay and watch them.

I think the coolest part about the aquarium was that I was actually allowed to touch things, and even put my hands in the water and splash! When Mom takes me to Petco to look at the fish, she NEVER lets me put my hands in the water. Don't tell my mom, but I think the aquarium is way better than Petco.

I loved the freshwater marsh exhibit too. The frogs were huge, and the flowers were so pretty. It's funny - at first we couldn't find any of the little turtles and frogs, but then once we saw one... we saw a bunch! That was so cool.

I think my favorite thing, though, was the penguin exhibit. I've seen cartoon penguins on TV, but the real ones are even cuter. I loved watching them swim around underwater. It was so funny wh
en they were chasing Grandpa's hand all around the glass. I know I kept saying, "no," but secretly, I loved it! Penguins are so funny!

I loved spending the day with you today. I feel so lucky to have you for my grandparents. You're the best, and I love you so much. Can we do it again tomorrow?


Love,

Nicholas

1 comment:

Jill said...

Very smart boy he is sure to skip the first three years in school. Sounds like a wonderful day.