Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Apple Harvest 2012

Yes.  We are officially townies.  I remember being a kid and thinking that the Apple Harvest Festival was the absolute greatest thing in the world.  Well... apparently it runs in the family.  My little dude had so much fun downtown this weekend, he didn't know what to do with himself! 

It started on Saturday when he went to the fair with Daddy, Papa, and Auntie Mary.  We have been places that offered face painting before, but I've always passed on it because I didn't think he'd like it.  I had this vision of him smearing it completely off in the first minute.  As you can see here, I was wrong.  He got some serious face paint and absolutely loved it.  He left it on the entire day, even through naptime.  Papa blew the wad on the rides - it's a grandparent's prerogative I guess.  You wouldn't think moving around in a circle sitting on a rickety old metal motorcycle would give a three-year-old so much pleasure, but it does!

On Sunday he ran in the Little Fritter Road Race.  Last year, he ran the toddler race - half the length of the green.  This year, he was with the big kids and ran the full length.  He did a great job running, and even stayed on his feet this year!  No wipeouts.  Next year we're goin' for the full lap!


 
The day capped off with the parade.  Nicholas and I marched with the Y behind a truck blasting The Village People's YMCA in an infinite loop.  I was pulling the wagon because I figured it had already been a long day and the parade happened to fall right during naptime.  Well, needless to say, that was a complete waste of time.  This kid not only marched the whole time, he danced his way through the entire parade.  He was singing and doing the YMCA dance the entire time!  I could not believe it!  Even his coach turned around and said, "Hey Nicholas, aren't you tired yet?"  There were kids his age that sat in their wagons the whole time, but not my little Energizer Bunny.  He never ceases to amaze me.  I figure he'll be caught up on sleep by Thanksgiving...


1 comment:

Jill said...

What fun. Loved reading this and seeing the pictures.