Monday, March 19, 2012

My Guys


To celebrate St. Patrick's Day, Nicholas and Todd ran in a road race in Hartford. Actually, Todd had planned on running this race for quite a while. When Nicholas saw Todd getting dressed in his running gear on Sunday morning, he said, "I wanna run in the race with Daddy!" The next thing we knew, we were packing up and heading off to Hartford - all 3 of us.

Nicholas ran the 100 yard dash. He was unbelievable! He found an opening up the side, flew past the people in front of
him, and left Todd in the dust! And he was smiling the whole time. In fact, after he was done, he was whining and saying he wanted to run more. Next year, we're definitely doing the half mile course. Tonight we walked downtown to get an ice cream cone, and on the way home, I'm sure he ran at least a half mile on the trail. OK, he had just plowed down an entire chocolate ice cream cone... but still, the kid is only 3! He continues to amaze me every day.

And then there's my other guy... who also amazes me every day. Todd kicked that race's butt! This is a picture of him running past fire headquarters - looks pretty good, huh?! I was thinking about it after the race. I usually run these races as well, and I'm often so wrapped up in putting myself down for my crappy performance, I often forget to congratulate Todd on his. Watching him and cheering him on from the sidelines was kinda fun. He is getting really good - I am so proud. What a lucky girl I am. Life is good.

1 comment:

Jill said...

More great memories made . I would run for an ice cream cone and cookies!