Friday, July 22, 2011

Nicholas's First Road Race

Watch out all of you Ironman competitors out there... here comes my Nicholas! Nicholas has spent countless hours in the jogging stroller while I did all of the running. But now that he's getting older, most of my runs are spent trying to keep him in the stroller amidst cries of, "Mommy! I wanna get out! I wanna get out!" So lately, at the end of my run, I've been giving him some running time too. And this kid can go!

So, this weekend, Todd and I ran in the Petit family 5K in Plainville, and we let Nicholas run in the kids funrun. He ran a quarter mile without stopping, and he loved it! He even got to high-five Dr. Petit when he crossed the finish line. The only tough part was Ronald McDonald. Let's just say... the boy does not like clowns.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I see a high school track star in the making. Very cool.