Saturday, June 18, 2011

Father's Day

I think Nicholas is the luckiest little boy on earth. He has SO many people that love him. But let's face it... no one can hold a candle to his dad. Todd and Nicholas have a bond that is so incredibly special. No one, not even his mom can hold a candle to it.

I can see it every time they look at each other. I can hear it every day when I come home from work, and the two of them describe all of the adventures they had that day - I hear all about feeding the ducks at the park, how Nicholas "dunked" Todd at swim class, or the mounds of frozen yogurt they ate at Costco. I can see it in the way Nicholas can crawl up onto Todd on the couch and they just melt into each other - like Daddy's body was meant to be a throne for my monkey. I can hear it when they're playing together and Nicholas laughs until he can't breathe.

I am in awe of their relationship, and of course, BRIGHT green with envy. But at the same time, I feel so blessed to have a husband that has given every bit of himself to his son. Todd would surely do ANYTHING for Nicholas, and it makes me love him even more than I did before this little monster took over our lives.

Happy Father's Day, Todd. You are truly the world's best Dad.

No comments: