Sunday, February 28, 2010

Winter Weekend

So, even though I'm dreaming of spring, this was one of those weekends that I felt so fortunate to live in New England. Check out the scene outside our window first thing Saturday morning. I mean, it just doesn't get much more beautiful than that. I told Todd, it reminded me of the scene in A Christmas Story when Ralphie wakes up on Christmas morning and runs to the window to find the trees covered with snow. Even Nicholas couldn't tear himself away from the window!

We had a great weekend, but busy - are there any other kind these days? We had the kitchen tile done. We are finally rid of the pink tile once and for all. It looks great. And... dare I say it outloud... we are ready for final inspection tomorrow. I am trying to go into it with an open mind, expecting that the jerk will find some silly thing for us to change, but I'm still hoping and praying for a miracle. I told Todd, if we get the CO tomorrow - I'm sleeping in my new bedroom. I don't care if I have to drag the mattress in there myself. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

All is well in Nicholasland. He is eating like a pig again. The other morning, he ate almost 3 full eggwhites and a whole piece of wheat toast. Yesterday morning, he ate almost an entire donut - AFTER he'd already eaten breakfast. He should have that weight back on in no time. This is a picture of Todd doing clean-up after the donut. He decided to "Tim Taylor" the crumbs and go straight for the vacuum! Yup, I live with 2 boys!!!! God help me...

1 comment:

Jill said...

That is a great picture but I am glad I am seeing it on your blog and not out my windows. Hope all goes well and you sleep in your new room tomorrow night. Glad the Prince is eating and feeling so much better. I think Todd has the right clean up the kid tool! Can;t wait to see him.