Monday, November 16, 2009

Greetings From the Mud Pit




Lots of progress is being made here - it's looking like we are finally in the home stretch. The bummer of it is, most of the work being done right now is stuff you can't see. Lots of plumbing and electrical work, and heating and air conditioning - important, but not very fun to look at.

The one thing that we can see though is the siding, and it looks great. It reminds me of my Nan and Pop's house in Milldale. I think of that every time I look at it. I love the color.

Next step - insulation and sheetrock. Then it should really feel like it's almost done. We're even thinking about flooring and paint colors! Hard to believe that we'll be in by Christmas. We are so anxious to start living in these new rooms. But most of all, we're anxious to be settled.

Nicholas is doing great. He's walking all over the place now, and trying really hard to communicate. He points to everything and "talks." It seems most everything is a kitty, but we can live with that. He's so darned cute...

1 comment:

Jill said...

The house looks great! I love the fireman hat he is so darn handsome!