Monday, September 7, 2009

A Special Weekend


Over the past 5 or 6 years, Todd and I have spent countless weekends dreaming of the day when we could be with our little one, going on family adventures together. Well, we've finally made it there. This weekend was so great - filled with lots of family time.

After my first week back at school, I was determined to make the best of the three days I'd have with Nicholas and Todd. We went to a picnic at a friend from Avon's house on Saturday, and had a great time. It was so nice for Todd to finally meet the people that I talk about all of the time. Nicholas loved watching the kids play, dipping his toes in the pool, and eating a sno cone! Yes, he plowed through that thing in no time flat. I think it felt great on his swolen gums.

On Sunday morning we went for a walk around the West Hartford reservoir. I kept thinking as we were walking, how could this beautiful place have been just 15 minutes away all along, and I never even knew it existed?! It was a pretty challenging walk, and incredibly beautiful. Nicholas loved seeing all of the other walkers passing by, and all of the dogs too! I have a feeling we'll be making a return visit sometime soon.
This morning, we were visited by a low-flying hot air balloon, flying right through our backyard! It's so much fun showing Nicholas all of these new things.
And, to top it all off, this afternoon, just before Todd left for work, I decided to stick my finger into Nicholas's mouth to check on the tooth progress and... SURPRISE!!! There was a tooth there! I swear, that thing was not there yesterday!
So, hopefully all of this fun and excitement will be all the fuel I'll need to get me through the week at school!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Sounds like a great family weekend. How exciting he now has a tooth or two! It will be red hot dogs before we know it in his diet.